My next goal in the communication emphasis is in the area of writing. This is an area of a particular gifting (as I am often told). My goal is to leverage this skill more effectively and consistently.
Strategies: Having learned that writing consistently makes me better at most everything I do, I want to employ the following strategies for leveraging this skill.
- I want to establish a weekly rhythm of blogging one to two times per week.
- I will consistently manuscript for each weekly sermon as this greatly improves my preparation and exercises my writing skills.
- I will also rely heavily on these skills for my final research project during the spring semester of 2019.
- My existing blog, Confessions of a Broken Tool: Thoughts of Grace and Gratitude
- Scrivener: an application for writers with flexible organizational mechanisms built in
- These are a part of my weekly conversations with my ministry mentor.
- The final research project is due in April of 2019.