My third goal for the cultural engagement emphasis concern the operation of our church in the community. My goal is to take steps to increase our involvement in the community (which we refer to as The Welcoming Porch – where we interact with the world outside our door).
- We are adopting the Horace Mann Elementary School for the 2018-2019 school year.
- We will further develop our practice of hosting neighborhood cookouts in the spring/summer months by adding service elements to the inviting practice of the past couple of years.
- We will offer at least one special service project each quarter (free garage sale, free car wash, drive-through prayer booth, etc.)
- All of the cookout ‘stuff’ that we have already been using: grill, tables, chairs, tents, and so on.
- school supplies
- playground balls
- Parent-teacher conference day meals
- School adoption project will be completed by the end of May 2019.
- Our community involvement activities will go on through the summer of 2019 (whereupon we will evaluate and plan for improved and increased opportunities into the future).